Amiga Mosaic uses the AmigaOS 3.0 DataTypes library for its external
and inlined image decoding. This means that Amiga Mosaic can
decode any image for which you have a DataType installed. You
should at least install a GIF datatype to view most inlined images.
Inlined X-Bitmaps (XBMs) are decoded internally. An XBM datatype will
be provided in the future.
The following datatypes are known to work for inlined images:
The following external types are known to work:
- IFF pictures (datatype included with AmigaOS).
- GIF pictures (ZGIF datatype).
- JPEG pictures (JPEG datatype).
Amiga Mosaic is the only mosaic with the cool graphical transfer
- 8SVX Audio Files
- IFF pictures
- ANIM format animations
- AmigaGuide hypertext databases
- GIF pictures
- JPEG pictures
- Tracker songs in the MOD format can be played.
- You need EdPlayer installed, and it must be accessible as
"Edplayer:edplayer". Edplayer is freely redistributable
here (edplay.lha). Edplayer will come up as a little bar on
the workbench. Right click to get the UI. If you stop the music
(not pause, stop) edplayer will exit and the tempfile will be removed.
- You need rexx, and you need to put the supplied rexx script playmod.rexx somewhere it is accessible as rexx:playmod.rexx.
- The filename must end in .mod or .Mod or .MOD
Back to Amiga Mosaic Main Page